Thursday, February 16, 2006

We the french say, Bonjour!



Et Bienvenue! Ok enough with the frenchness! My name is Cate and this is my blog (which by now is sort of a sous-entendre right?) But nevertheless, I am here to give fashion advice, and practice my writting, for I aspire to become a fashion writter. So to kick off the grand openning of my blog, i will start with ... *dandandan* An editors note!

As a young girl, Or should I say, child, because I was anything BUT girly. Fashion wasnt part of my everyday life. As a matter of fact, it wasnt part of my life at all. Sports were the main focus of my childhood, and thats where my passion was. I, the fashionista, was once a ... ish i dont know if i should say it...okay here we go...Tomboy.

My hair was about two inches long, my nails dirty from digging through dirt in the relentless search for worms, and my running shoes dirty from my grand adventures. I did not read fashion magazines back then, and I certainly didnt pay attention to who was wearing what or how to look attractive. After all, why would an 11 year old need to look sexy ? (Okay so the designers of LaSenza Girl might argue but theres another issue the fashion industry must adress...) My point is that I looked like a little boy. From behind you would never have guessed I were a girl. The typical ready to wear outfit for me was pants, a soccer T-shirt, or a plain white sports shirt. The kind you buy at a sports competition for 20$ and reads: -World Championships 1998-.

Although I didnt pay much attention to fashion then, I sure realise the fashion crimes ive commited in the past. As a sporty girl i decided to cut my hair short(what was I thinking?!) Heres a rule of thumb; Tomboy+ Short hair+ pre-pubescent body = not much short of looking like a boy. I promiced myself I would buy my (someday) daughter dresses and alot of pink.

Sometimes I look at little girls today and wish I could have been like THAT. Like THAT? , you may ask, yes, like THAT. Like that pink skirt with the white camisole adorned by a beautiful little bow. Like the skirts, the pink, and all things said to be girly. Like the beautiful long virgin locks (I mean virgin as in, *has never been died before*. Now lets keep this blog G rated!)

But today I look back and i wouldnt have had it any other way. I would never trade the national and world ranked medals Ive won in karate for anything pink.And as for the short hair goes, sometimes I see shows on TV that feature beautiful young african girls who have barely any hair, but theyre smiles make even the top couture models look dull.


I also look to people in my life who have suffered from cancer, and who have lost their hair. The fact that they did not have hair didnt change the amount of love I had for them. That is where you realise that true beauty is not in the Chanel lipstick you are wearing, or perfect skin, or long hair, but rather in the persona you are dealing with. Beauty doesnt lie in how long your hair is, or how trendy you are, but it is in your smile, and in your soul. If ever you were stripped of everything you had (yes, clothes too) the beautiful things you would have left would be your smile, soul, and story.

And thus I conclude that who I was then is a different person than who I am now. Nothing ever stays the same, and thats the beauty of life. I have evolved from a child to a young woman. I now have different preoccupations than I did when I was twelve. Life changes, and you adjust. Fashion evolves just like we do. That is the wonder of life, that is what makes it so beautiful, so captivinting, so unique.

You know how to reach me,
mrs_teen_fashionista@hotmail.com

<3 Cate

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Babe!!

Omg, AWESOME site you! Haha. I'm Wowed! Lol. You're such a fun/interesting writter. I wish you so much luck so that you do get to become a fashion writter! Ha. I haven't seen you in so long! Hope tracks going well! haha... Well stay hot! you cutiepie and i'll talk to you later! Love yea, Z

February 16, 2006 2:24 PM  
Anonymous Tanya said...

Hey!! Second one to comment!! Yay!! Well, as always you did a great job on the article! I loved it!! :D You wrote it so well! I always told you, you are talented! :D I'm positive that one day you'll get your DREAM!! I miss having you in my classes!! Anyways, don't forget me when you're a famous writer ;)!
Love always & always, ~tantan~

February 16, 2006 2:37 PM  
Anonymous M-L :) said...

hey! Awsome site! Looking foward to the next post :)

-M-L- :)

February 16, 2006 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hun! the first entry and its awesome! keep up the good work and i might just continute to come:P love ya like a fat kid loves cake;) -xoxo-
*Lea!*

February 16, 2006 3:40 PM  
Anonymous gennay said...

Hey Tounne!

Very Nice To See Someone With A Higher Sense Of Maturity And With Actual Writing Capabilities Write An Inspiring And Truthful Blog ! (Yeah, That's Right, Cat Has Skills lol)
Well Keep On Pushing, You Write Beautifully!<33333

gennay xo

February 16, 2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Salut Cath!
Je te le dis, tu as un talent exceptionnel pour l'écriture! Je te lirais pendant des heures! J'ai surtout été très touchée par tes 'messages du coeur'. De plus, je ne connais personne qui s'y connais autant que toi pour la mode et les tendances! Continue ton beau travail, et on se reparle très bientôt!
Hély -xox-

February 16, 2006 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Web Counter